- About CAIS
- Teaching & Learning
- News & Events
- Join CAIS!
- Current Vacancies
- Application Process
Applications are now closed for the following levels for 2013-14 (August) intake:
Preparatory (age 5)
During the enrolment procedure you may need the following documents:
- Student Application Form
- Student Reference Form (Preparatory - Grade 2 )
- Student Reference Form (Grade 3 - Grade 12)
- 2013-14 School Fees
Subject to the School’s capability to provide the resources and educational program required to meet the needs of applicants*, any student is eligible for acceptance. The broad admission criteria are:
- priority is given to applicants from abroad, particularly children of expatriate families on work visas and those deemed lacking the Chinese language skills to succeed in the local school system;
- other than the above, admission is non-preferential inasmuch as students of any nationality, race, ethnic origin, and/or religion are eligible for places;
- admission requires a successful result on an entrance examination and interview aimed at determining facility in an English medium instructional/learning environment;
- applicants must provide evidence of academic/social responsibility in the school most recently attended; and
- CAIS admission practices are in compliance with ICAC student admission guidelines.
*Note: Special education staff members are sometimes engaged in additional testing of students to determine adequacy of school resources for identified student needs.
All students attending CAIS are expected:
- to be diligent in his/her studies;
- consistent and timely in attendance;
- to behave in a manner which respects the safety or learning of other students;
- to be wholesome, truthful, and respectful of others in their speech; and
- to maintain a reputation in the community at large that honours the school.
Parents of students attending CAIS are expected:
- to demonstrate willingness to cooperate in supporting the principles, aims, and discipline of the school in dealing with their children;
- participate actively in the education of their child and support the school in achieving the child's educational goals; and
- submit applicable fees in a timely manner.
The following application documents and payments must be forwarded to the CAIS office. Please ensure all documentation is provided to avoid any delay in the processing of the application!
- A fully completed Application Form including an attached recent photograph.
- A Student Reference Form completed by school authorities of the school most recently attended by the applicant.
- A copy of grades and reports for the previous two years including the current year (to date).
- A certified transcript of grades must be supplied at the interview by students applying for Grade eleven (11) or twelve (12).
- A photocopy of the first page of the child’s passport (including the photo and passport number) and page bearing the Hong Kong visa.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s Hong Kong I.D. card.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s birth certificate.
- Application fee payment of HK$500 (non-refundable) made payable to:
Christian Alliance P. C. Lau Memorial International School
|Preparatory||5 years old before December 31st of year of entry|
|Grade One||6 years old before December 31st of year of entry|
|Grade 2 to 12||Entry grade level will be determined on an individual basis|
Interview and Entrance Examination
The interview and entrance examination are intended to establish the student’s competency in English language and mathematics. Should a student be granted an interview, the student must be accompanied to the interview by his/her parent(s) or guardian(s).
Due to high demand for spaces, please note that students who do not meet our entry requirements may not be offered assessment or placement at CAIS.
A student applying from outside of Hong Kong may be accepted conditionally on the strength of their supporting documents. However, in such a case an assessment and interview must be scheduled by the parent/guardian as soon as possible upon arrival in Hong Kong to ensure the application process is completed in a timely manner.
An entrance examination and interview will be scheduled subject to the following conditions:
- The application documents submitted are indicative of the student’s ability to meet CAIS entrance requirements.
- There is space available at the grade level for which the student is applying.
Time allocations for interviews and entrance examinations are as follows:
|Prep - G3||Interview with entrance tests: 45 – 60 minutes|
G4 - 12
|Entrance test: 2.5- 3.0 hours
Interview: 30 minutes (subject to test score of grade level proficiency or above)
Notification Of Acceptance
Students and parents/guardians will be notified by telephone (if possible) and by letter of the decision regarding that student’s acceptance at CAIS.
Payment of Tuition Deposit
Submission of a tuition deposit as per the Schedule of Fees is required upon notification of acceptance. Since student registrations will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis, it is advisable to pay the tuition deposit within the stipulated time in order to ensure a seat is held for the student.
Please note that the tuition deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Payment of Tuition Fees:
Tuition fees are due on the dates indicated on the Schedule of Fees. Any tuition deposit paid earlier will be deducted from the total amount of tuition fees for the first month of attendance.
Payment of Student Consumable Dues and Caution Deposits:
Student consumable dues and caution deposits are due upon initial payment of tuition fees for the first month of attendance.
Following the successful completion of all enrolment procedures we anticipate that your child will be able to start school immediately!
If you have any questions about our admissions procedure or enrolment policies, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Office by phone 2713 3733 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org